About Employment Advisory Service
The BCA is excited to announce Lane Neave Lawyers have been appointed to provide a range of services to BCA members as part of the BCA membership benefits. This means BCA members can access our new comprehensive Employment Advisory Service at no additional cost*.
The Lane Neave employment relations and immigration teams will provide specialist employment and immigration law advice to Bus and Coach Association members. The Employment Advisory Service covers:
- health and safety
- immigration law
The Employment Advisory Service includes legal services from specialist employment and immigration lawyers and consultants to members including:
- telephone and email enquiries,
- drafting and reviewing correspondence and documents
- the provision of specialist legal advice.
The Employment Advisory Service will also provide a number of value-added services to members, including:
- annual training and updated employment law workshops
- access for members to documents and opinions of interest through an intranet based system
- monthly newsletters with recent articles
- access to twitter updates.
The Employment Advisory Service will deal with all employment, health and safety, ACC and immigration legal advice up to the stage where a personal grievance is raised, the Department of Labour seek to prosecute for a health and safety breach, an ACC review is lodged with the Dispute Resolution Services and before Immigration New Zealand become involved.
The Lane Neave Employment Relations team comprises three partners, one associate and two solicitors and the immigration team has one partner, one associate and three
solicitors/consultants, all who are readily available to be contacted as part of the Employment Advisory Service through direct dial, cell phone or email.
Members of the employment relations and immigration teams are available as part of the Employment Advisory Service after hours and during weekends where necessary.
* Where members face more complex employment or immigration law matters, then Lane Neave can represent them outside the BCA Employment Advisory Service providing specialist legal advice. An appropriate fee will be agreed between Lane Neave and members on a case by case basis.
Call 0800 Neave1 (0800 632 831) for all the answers right around the employment cycle.